(Updated on 25 Feb)
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Intuitive Asset Sdn Bhd and its respective subsidiaries, associate, companies and jointly controlled entities (“ IA Group”) handle personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
DEFINING PERSONAL DATA
“Personal Data” refers to any information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, passport number, telephone number, email address, your location, any information about you which you have provided to IA Group in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by IA Group from time to time.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The provision of your Personal Data to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide IA Group with your Personal Data, IA Group will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier, contractor, distributor or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause IA Group to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
OTHER SOURCES FROM WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE OBTAINED
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to IA Group directly, IA Group may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Competed application or registration forms or other similar forms;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From IA Group’s social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- When you interact and communicate with IA Group at any events or activities;
- When you interact and communicate with IA Group’s live chat platform;
- When you enter contests organized by IA Group;
- By using IA Group apps and websites, which includes all apps and websites operated by IA Group and under the names of its respective brands (respectively “Apps” and “Websites”).
- Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites and Apps.
- By logging in to the IA Group apps and websites through your account on Facebook, or other compatible social media platform (“Social Media Service”). If you choose to log in through your Social Media Service account, the IA Group may have access to certain information that you make available through the applicable Social Media Service. In doing so, you grant us permission to access and use the information that you make available through the applicable Social Media Service, in accordance with the privacy or other settings that are applicable to your Social Media Service account. For more information on how you can manage the information provided to the IA Group by the applicable Social Media Service, please review the privacy settings applicable to your Social Media Service account. Social Media Services are not partners or representatives of the IA Group and the IA Group is not responsible for the acts or omissions of any Social Media Service in connection with your account with the applicable Social Media.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
IA Group may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of IA Group which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purpose”): Where you are a customer of the services provided by Intuitive Asset Group:-
- to perform the IA Group’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- to validate your bookings
- where you have requested to download and use the Apps, to process your request, to deliver the Apps to you and to provide you with a license for the use of the Apps;
- to process and manage your rewards;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests,
- promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the IA Group and to provide you with the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to understand and analyses our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider:-
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by IA Group in order to engage you;
- to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided;
- to contact you or your company;
- to respond to enquiries, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for IA Group to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
And you agree and consent to IA Group using and processing your personal data for the purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
IA Group may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges,
- festive greetings from IA Group, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by IA Group, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor, distributor, sponsors or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
by way of post, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
If you do not consent to IA Group processing your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes, please notify IA Group using the contact details stated below. If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by IA Group, please follow the “unsubscribe” instruction in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future. Please note that if you unsubscribe, we may still send you service-related messages, such as currency exchange receipts.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than your home country or otherwise in the country, state and city in which you are present while using any services provided by IA Group (“Alternate Country”), to companies under IA Group which are located outside of your home country or Alternate Country and/or where IA Group’s servers are located outside of your home country or Alternate Country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of your home country or Alternate Country as described herein.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, IA Group may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties.
The third parties include (without limitation):
- Licensed money changers
- Banks Bureau De Change
- IA Group partners, which include parties with whom IA Group collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Other entities within IA Group; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
ACCESS & CORRECTION REQUESTS AND INQUIRIES, LIMITING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws of your home country or Alternate Country, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
Intuitive Asset Sdn Bhd, 1-17-1, Menara Bangkok Bank, Berjaya Central Park, No. 105 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to any laws of your home country or Alternate Country, IA Group reserves the right to impose a fee for access to your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, IA Group has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings.
Further information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM MINORS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to IA Group. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to IA Group, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONSENT
By communicating with IA Group, using IA Group’s services, purchasing products from IA Group or by virtue of your engagement with IA Group, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by IA Group as described in this Notice.
IA Group shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with IA Group, by continuing to use IA Group’s services, purchasing products from IA Group or by your continued engagement with IA Group following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event this Notice is translated into a language other than English, it is done solely for convenience purpose, with only the English language version of this Notice shall prevail.
Comments are closed.